Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Favorite Spots in Cleveland!

Yesterday Brent and I were off the whole afternoon and decided to drive up to Cleveland! It's about a 45 minute drive from where we live so perfect for small trips and adventures. However, we didn't do anything new, we visited two of our favorite spots in Cleveland, Melt Bar and Grille and Cedar Lee Theaters. 

Melt Bar and Grille was a restaurant my friend introduced us to two years ago. Since then it's become one of the hottest spots, even had several television appearances! Their line has always been a long wait. Night time, expected 2-3 hours. We arrived 3 pm and still had an hour wait! Point is, it's worth the wait! It's a cute little joint, filled with a hip atmosphere, fun art, ink covered waiters, horror movies or He-Man on TV, and menus on the back of old vinyl records. Their menu revolves around, you guessed it, grilled cheese! [only my favorite sandwich ever haha] Don't worry, their sandwiches are anything but ordinary. I got the Parma Italy, containing breaded chicken, garlic and tomato pesto with provolone cheese. Mmm! They have a great beer and rootbeer selection! Too cute! It's a place we'll always go to and love. 


We left Melt just in time to make it to the movie, Exit Through a Gift Shop at Cedar Lee. Cedar Lee is a theater that's been around for a long time and only shows independent and foreign films. Another thing you might not know about me is that I love foreign and indie flicks! Some of my favorite movies were never Hollywood Hits. Brent noticed they were showing a movie about Street Art, thinking it was about Banksy, one of my all time favorite artists. I fell in love with him my junior year in high school and started stenciling myself. I never tagged things or anything. I just stenciled shirts and canvases. The movie ended up being about a wacked out guy known as Mister Brain Wash, that was in fact brain washed. It was still interesting and involved Banksy and Shepard Fairey. Fairey got really popular of course in the past few years, but I've still always been a bigger Banksy fan. Oh well. It was still a good movie worth seeing, bringing insights to street art.


Here's a few Banksy favorites I threw together. Doesn't look the greatest because I was rushing! Anyways, I'd highly suggest viewing both Banksy and Shepard Fairey's work if you haven't already.

Here's three of my pieces from a few years ago that I actually had pictures of:
 
The first I made for my brother when he went away to college.
The next was just from Elizabethtown, the quote is "We are intrepid, we carry on."
The last was spontaneous. I never cared for it, but it's 4 ft tall and too big to hide away. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment