Friday, June 25, 2010

Yesterday was a bit of fun that I haven't had in a while. I made plans to hang out with my best friend from high school who I haven't been able to see now for an entire year. Yeah, a year! Honestly, that's the biggest hardship I've faced in my program this past year. I've completely lost touch with friends because I don't have the chance to hang out like I used to!  I wake up every morning at six am, I can't stay out as late as I used to. It's really taken a toll on all my relationships. I'm still trying to maintain them. 

Anyways, we decided to get together for a double date. She started dating a new boy and wanted Brent and I to meet him. We're both little domesticated ladies, so she decided to cook dinner and I made dessert. I asked Brent what to make and he liked the idea of chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow icing, which sounded perfect. I used a recipe for the first batch of icing, and it was a complete mess! I knew the recipe calling for pouring 275 degree sugar with whipped eggs didn't sound right. So first batch, water. Second batch, runny. Third batch, made up myself, perfect. I was getting so frustrated in the kitchen, poor Brent was trying to help and all I wanted to do was scream! They turned out well though and we added chocolate chips on top for the last added touch. They were scrumptious! 

You can tell I bake cupcakes a lot. The pan looks so gross! 

The double date was a blast! Amber's boyfriend was so cute and sweet. I'm happy she found a good guy! We started off chatting over dinner and sipping on some wine. Afterward s we broke out the board games, starting with Monopoly. But the fun really didn't start until we played Pictionary. I was so excited to draw, Brent and I were immediately winning. It all went down hill when Brent had to draw the term "deadline" and for some reason as excellent as his picture was of a dead man + a line I couldn't get it for the life of me. Another funny term was "two left feet" and each time Brent tapped his pen on two left pointed boots I'd say "Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!" Later I made an epic fool of myself when my pen stopped working, I tried to use the game piece pencil to draw with... thinking it was seriously a pencil. Yeah. So we had ended up laughing a lot and had a great time. I was so happy to catch up with Amber. I always fear losing friendships, especially one that goes back as far as ours. 

Newest dress to my collection. F21 for $24!
It's perfect for the 4th of July, but I couldn't wait to wear it.


That's all for now. Nothing too exciting! I work all weekend. Maybe I'll do an inspiration post.

2 comments: