Friday, December 31, 2010

2011


Whenever I hear the words, "new year" Death Cab always rings in my ears.
So this is the new year and I don't feel any different.
I can't say I felt different on my birthday or now when it's about to be a new year.
Although I'm going to try my hardest despite how same the day feels, 
to make new changes.
I still have my list of goals from my birthday.
I've learned to crochet, bought a record player and started collecting vinyl.
I've started carrying my film cameras more, but have yet to develop them!
I've also been doing much more reading and mix-tape making. 
Now it's time to get back to sewing and focusing on myself.

I want to say that Brent will be a part of this next year, however I'm not sure exactly what the future holds. We've been having some really great times recently. Almost scary how great they were. I don't want to get my hopes up. I don't want to hurt or be hurt. It's so hard to take things slow. Brent just got laid off work, again. He's behind on bills. I feel like being superwoman and picking up however I can, but I can't. I need to focus on the last five months of my program and making myself happy. I'm just a worrier and a giver. I don't want to be bummed out on New Years. I have the option to go out, but of course I'm choosing to stay in with some wine and a movie. 

Hope you all have a fun filled New Years and I wish you luck on all your goals!
Here's a silly Elizabethtown movie inspired photobooth slide.  
[not sure why I felt the necessity to go gangster face with the 'e']

3 comments:

  1. I love that lyric. I swear, you and I are musical soulmates. As for the film/camera, vinyl, record player.. just know that I am totally geeking out.

    My gosh- 2010 really is coming to an end. I am so grateful to have met you through the blogging community. I swear, you are one of the sweetest and most genuine gals out there.

    I hope that everything works out for the best with you and Brent. As cliche and lame as it is, everything will turn out the way it is supposed to, so just hold on to that.

    Wishing you a wonderful YEAR, swissy missy. I just adore you.

    Love Always,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh film cameras...it's something i say i want to start up but i haven't yet! maybe with the new year :)

    that lyric is perfectly fitting. and i hope things work out with you and brent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photobooth photo slide :]

    Ayeisha
    x

    ReplyDelete