Friday, December 17, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Cookie

It's been a tradition in my family to get together before Christmas and bake cookies all day for the entire family. My grandma, aunt, mom and cousins would gather in the kitchen for hours mixing, baking and icing from dusk until dawn. However this year it was just my mother and I to ourselves. It was a bit more difficult, but we got the job done! We made 3 different kinds of cookies and peanut butter fudge. I still have to make sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies, but they'll have to wait! I decided to share my favorite Christmas cookie. One you all probably know how to make, but I've had other recipes and this one is the best!
Peanut butter blossoms are one of the easiest cookies to make 
and to me the most delightful to taste! 
Soft peanut butter cookies, dusted with sugar and 
centered with a kiss that melts in your mouth.
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl cream together butter and peanut butter, then slowly add in sugar and brown sugar. Beat in vanilla and one egg. After, blend in the separate bowl of dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) and mix thoroughly.  Shape dough into small balls, roll them in sugar and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Place Hershey kiss in the center of the cookie, then bake again for 2-4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment