Thursday, January 6, 2011

Downtown & Donuts

Earlier this week Brent and I decided to spend the day downtown in the Cuyahoga Falls Historic District Area. We found a cute old mom and pop donut shop that still had the old diner feel with bar stools and blue counter tops. I actually think I have the same counters in my apartment. Haha. 
Here is a view from one of the streets downtown. 
I adore the colors and architecture of these buildings.
Some steps behind Rockin on the Rivers stage.
We stopped for a while at a deck over looking the Cuyahoga River.
Most the snow has melted, but it's still freezing cold!
Here's one of my favorite buildings. 
You bet it's because of the arches and pop of lime green!
This little company has every flavor popcorn you can imagine.
I'm talking flavors like pickle, cookies and creme, blue raspberry, chipotle bbq... 
I'm too scared to try some of those! Luckily they have free samples!
I guess this photo puts my height into perspective. 
I always say I'm as tall as Brent to tease him.
We're both short. I'm only 5'3 =]

7 comments:

  1. i love posts like this where you can see more about a person's town! those doughnuts look YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that town is so charming! i've visited chagrin falls before which is about 45 minutes upstate from there and these pictures really remind me of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those doughnuts look absolutely amazing! And that mom and pop store is simply amazing!

    Little Lady Little City

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy donuts! And I love those red arches. Nice to meet you!

    www.abrilliantmelody.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Brent are too cute for words. ;)

    That donut shop reminds me of this coffee shop downtown in my community!! I really like the photo of the stools-- veeery nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would love to live in a town like this - it looks like something from hairspray or grease! and there would be lots of places for fab outfit photos too :) x

    ReplyDelete