Sunday, March 27, 2011

You're weak, but not giving in.

Antique shopping, walking downtown and craving Zubs after a crazy night at the Mat.
Shopping at Anthropologie.
Buying $50 shoes & $10 shoes.
Watching snow melt, playing scrabble, avoiding selling pretty old dresses.
Spending time with one of my dearest friends Amber.
We went to the Elephant 6 show. 
It was incredible and there's no one I would've rather gone with.
Got to chat outside with Scott Spillane from Neutral Milk Hotel.
Chaotic bathrooms.
Went to Musica with Dawn.
John & I center photo.. I hate this picture of me & my chipmunk cheeks though.
Their band is A Minor Bird.
Watch their video! <3
Kevin has such a beautiful voice. Swoooooooon.
Dinner dates. Dawn cooked, Leah brought the wine, I brought the dessert. 
Lots of fun, talks, movies, laughing, fun.
Oh & of course lots of cuddling with Florence Margot.

I miss you all. 
Things have been tough lately, but I've just been keeping busy. There's definitely a lot of unresolved issues between Brent and I with mixed feelings. I'm at the stage that one day I see exactly why he's not the one, then the next I want to cry because I'd be marrying him this summer and we had such a great bond grounded in a friendship I fear I could never have again with anyone. Also we had planned to take a trip to Chicago this weekend to see Godspeed You Black Emperor, but he went with his female friend to Tennessee instead. Can't say I'm not surprised though. It's whatever. I finally feel like I'm growing bitter instead of sad about it. I just feel like I don't know if I can ever invest in someone again. I mean, really, six years with him wasted. Sometimes I doubt he considers this or me at all. I'm just going to keep my head high though. I hope to return with more pictures and happier moments!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like such a wonderful time you had with your friend-- Ambers are just fun gals in general I suppose!

    And you know that I'm here for you with this Brent drama. :(

    On a positive note, I live in TN so I can go creep on him and throw eggs at him.

    Love you,
    xxoo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those shoes look so cute! want (:

    ReplyDelete