Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cupcake Cones


Cupcake cones were one of my childhood's treats. I decided last night that I wanted to bake them this weekend thinking it'd be a quick easy task. Then I realized I had no clue how high to fill the cones with batter or how long to cook them! 

You can use any cake batter mix you want. Shane wanted chocolate, so that's what I made!

After a few different tries I found it was best to fill the cones under the ridge.
I also used a round pan to hold them together in the oven. 
You can also use an egg carton.
I baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I tried baking them less, but the tops weren't finished. 
It's best just to check after 18 minutes!
Then wait for them to cool, ice & sprinkle!
Voila! 




9 comments:

  1. My mom used to make these for my birthday parties! They were so much fun! I think I might just have to give them a go now, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've always wanted to know how to make these!

    Charley
    http://thecharleygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on making these for Khloe's 1st birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You disappeared from blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious!!
    <3 Daisy

    blooomingdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!) i like your blog! may be let's follow each other?)

    http://lenascookbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy this look sos good! And they look cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So in love of this! do you wanna follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete